Friday, August 6, 2010

"J" is for J-Bird

Quick note: The thing I love most about blogging is that once I start a new post I have no idea how it is going to end or what it is even going to entail. It feels so good to let my head race and try to keep up with the thoughts long enough to write them down. However, for this post I have a few ideas in mind already. And I also have a few surprises in mind too. So without further ado, "J" is for J-Bird...

I've had it in my head that "J" would be for J-Bird for sometime now. And why wouldn't I want "J" to be for J-Bird, he is after all my love, my friend, my future! Now, before I go any further I want to make something clear. This is NOT going to be a sappy love blog dedicated to the one I love most. Why? Because he already knows how much I care for him.

The Beginning
It was quiet in my house. There was no sound except for the clicking and racing of my fingers across the keyboard below. I was alone. And I was lonely. I don't recall what time it was, other than I know it was late. My eyes, half glazed from exhaustion and the other half from staring at the computer screen for the past several hours. It had been a few months since the break-up of my last relationship. The winter had brought an icy loneliness and it felt like it was going to be a long cold season. I found myself online in a chat room. Probably desperate for someone to chat with. It was enough to interact with a complete stranger to allow myself to feel entertained and preoccupied. And although it isn't clear who initially began the chat... a chat began! And it has lasted for almost 3 years now.

Jason, my J-Bird, and I met in a chat room. Simple conversations in the beginning. And although he is 11 years younger. We just seemed to click. It's funny the saying we use when we find that we have multiple things in common with someone. "Clicking". But it was literally like the two ends of a seat belt clicking together. Jason instantly filled a void in me that had been empty for a very long time.I felt interesting again. And interested. He was thoughtful, funny, exciting, and most of all, "HOT"! However, after chatting a few times with Jason. I didn't see how a relationship could go anywhere. At the time, I felt as though our age difference was enough to stop this new found relationship dead in its tracks. So I let it. I stopped chatting, emailing, texting and calling. A week, maybe two, had passed. And I had tried to put Jason out of my mind, but it was impossible. Jason didn't quit. He was very persistent. And good thing he was. I eventually agreed to go on a date with him. I told Jason that I thought his persistence was a little overwhelming. He quickly explained that he found something he liked and nothing was going to stop him. Now I said this wasn't going to get to cheesy. But I really have to hand it Jason and give him credit where credit is due. He has lived up to his overwhelming persistence, for this is where his dedication to our relationship, endurance to see through the hard times, and his commitment to me began. Not only am I thankful to Jason for his dedication. But he is also an example to me of how a loving relationship can exist.

Recently, I have been forced to evaluate all of my relationships in my life. A dear friend of mine has left the country and has caused other relationships to strengthen and become even more meaningful. And I have come to the conclusion the most important and meaningful relationships that I have now began with a mere chance of luck or unexpected decision.

It was by chance that Jason and I ended up in a chat room and decided to even give each other the time of day. A simple hello has resulted in years of happy memories, multiple new friendships, and the possibility of being with a special someone for the rest of my life.

But enough about how I feel about Jason...I've invited some guest bloggers to also spill the beans about J-Bird.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce Tiffer's Burns Rushforth...

I first met Jason at an event for the Sundance Film Festival, we did not get a chance to talk much, but I instantly knew he was just a doll! He is so Charismatic! And I love his innocence and kindness!My best memory of Jason was when we were walking the 5K at City Creek and we had time to just get to know each other better and talk. One day I think it would be a blast to tube down the river at Lava Hot Springs!I think Jason is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I wont ever forget that last year around Christmas you and Andrew came over with a gift, an amazing dragonfly stepping stone. When Andrew told me it was you who found it and bought it, that totally warmed my heart. I could not believe that you would think of me and be so thoughtful and kind. I am so very grateful to know you!

And Mr. Petar "the Croat" Begich

I first met Jason at some party with some crazy wig lady, (Nancy)!There are a few things I admire about Jason too. He is blunt, drinks like a fish, spontaneous and so so young! He is adorable and nice person, definitely not deserved by Andrew ;o)
One of my favorite memories of Jason was his 21st bday and shopping at Fred Myers in the middle of the night with the Limo ride. We made him shop for Ladies underwear, a banana and condoms. The best advise I would give Jason would be to stay cool and wise.

Next... Ms. Miss. a.k.a. Becky "Rebecc-Ass" Wasden

I don't recall the very first time I met Jason, but we have become good friends through Andrew Benson. I love Jason's mischievous side the most. He often has a look on his face or smirk in his laugh that let's you know he is thinking or doing something that's going to cause trouble! I love it!
I really look forward to making countless memories with J but the first few that come to mind that we already share are: swimming parties, Mardi GRAS, campfires and smores, fireworks, Rhiannon and JayZ. I think the most powerful memory I shared with Jason was talking to Trevin, the blood artist.

And ladies and gentlemen, all the way from Barcelona, Spain..... Char!!!!!!

Hi Jason, I already miss you tons! I miss cooking with you the most... You are just so willing to learn and such a smart ass about it too. But once you learn, you just takes charge. Can't wait for Taco Tuesday when I get home. I also love the "Jasonism's" for sure. "he just disappeared out of the woodwork"..."You must have carpet guard on your shirt"..."I was sweating beams"...and my new favorite..."Aye aye, Hilter"... Still so funny me.Love and miss you Jason. I wish I could be there on your special day later this month... I will be there for your big 4-0 fo sho!

Thank you to my guests writers and for your contributions!... and now let me leave you with....

THE JASON MONOLOGUES

If Jason were a song, which one would he be?
Peter: 4 Minutes – Madonna & Justin T.
Becky: Lifes A Game But It's Not Fair...! I break the rules so I don't care... (run this town tonight)
Tiffany: Don't Worry, Be Happy!
Char: Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA - ha ha LOL! love you J!
Andrew: I'll Stand by you!

If Jason were a place, which place would he be?
Peter: Miami
Becky: Jason would be a swanky cocktail lounge with amazing lighting, great furniture, and killer drinks...!
Tiffany: Disneyland
Char: Nordstrom
Andrew: High-end Hair Salaon, serving cocktails, with hot men in tight pants!

If Jason were an Animal, which Animal would he be?
Peter: A Parrot
Becky: hmm. An ostrich? ;)
Tiffany: Leopard
Char: Guppy (technically not an animal, but it just seams right)
Andrew: It would have to be something exotic...like a French Poodle.

If Jason were a kind of Food, what kind of Food would he be?
Peter: A taco...on Tuesday
Tiffany: Chicken Parmesan, your favorite!
Becky: something HOT and SPICY
Char: Enchilada, the cheesy kind, your other favorite!
Andrew: nothing chocolate...nothing to spicy...something sweet and sugary...A DUMB DUMB SUCKER!!! And I mean that in the nice way!

If Jason were a Drink, what Drink would he be?
Peter: vodka with crystal light
Becky: dirty vodka martini, dry, bruised, and up (to no good!)
Tiffany: Cosmopolitan
Char: vodka with vodka!
Andrew: I will go out on a line and say.....VODKA! However, my favorite drink is a Jason Stiffy!

And if Jason were a TV Show or Movie, which would he be?
Peter: 2011 Odyssey
Becky: Jason should have his own show like Entourage meets Kathy Griffin meets Wipeout!
Tiffany: Friends
Char: WIPEOUT!!!!!
Andrew: Dexter...meets Sex and the City! Dex in the City! The story of a gay serial killer wearing high heels and writes a column about his killings!

Jason, you are my love! And I happy to dedicate the letter "J" to you!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, LOVE YA JASON!!! :-) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Every single word!! :)
    Love to the people!~ You J and all the guest bloggers!!
    :)
    Thanks for letting me be a part of it! I had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete